Large Crabgrass - Digitaria sanguinalis
Smooth Crabgrass - Digitaria ischaemum
More common in Southern Ontario than in other regions of the country, crabgrass is the primary annual grassy weed concern in home lawns, parks and other green spaces.
Reproduces only by seed. Branching smooth stems can be prostate or erect with roots forming at the joints which contact the ground. Stems turn a purplish colour as they mature. The flowering structure consists of 8-12 (fewer with smooth crabgrass) fingers in one or two whorls at the top of stem. Crabgrass flourishes in turf under stress.
• Provide balanced fertility and proper cultural practices (i.e., mowing and watering) to promote healthy vigorous turf.
Use Tips and Precautions
ACCLAIM SUPER can be applied to:
• Seedling and mature stands of perennial ryegrass,
• Seedling and mature stands of fine fescue,
• Kentucky bluegrass established a minimum of 9 calendar months.
• Broadcast 400 – 800 L/Ha (35 – 70 gallons / acre) or 4-8 L/100 m2 (1-2 gallons/1000 sq.ft.).
• Hand held sprayers use 3.0 mL of product in 1 – 4 L water per 24 m2.
• Do not tank-mix ACCLAIM SUPER with any other herbicide or pesticide
• Broadleaf herbicides should not be applied 7 days before or after ACCLAIM SUPER applications.
• Do not mow lawns either 4 days before or after application.
• 3 hours required between application and rainfall, watering or irrigation.
• Wait 10 days following application to re-seed.
May15TueMay 15, 2018
May11FriMay 11, 2018
The premier educational and networking event for golf course superintendents will accept 50 elite members for its 2018 class
May10ThuMay 10, 2018
Bayer is pleased to announce the appointment of Jon Albert as Territory Sales Manager Technical for the Canadian Golf Market. Jon will be responsible for providing technical information and support to golf courses in Eastern Ontario and the province of Quebec.
Feb8ThuFebruary 8, 2018
Bayer Environmental Science Canada is pleased to announce the expansion of its distribution agreement with Plant Products to now include a full offering of Bayer’s plant health products in the Quebec golf market.