These C-shaped grubs are cream coloured with a brown head and six legs. They periodically move up and down in the soil – approaching the surface when it is moist and travelling downward when the soil is dry or when surface temperatures become too cold. Overwintered grub larvae actively feed on grass roots during the early spring, prior to pupation and emergence as adult beetles in June. Newlyhatched larvae feed voraciously from midsummer to early fall.
• Turns yellow, then brown.
• Presence of birds, moles, skunks and other insect-eating animals seeking grubs (the presence of these animals may indicate infestations of other pests).
Apply MERIT 0.5G or SOLUPAK just prior to egg hatch.
• Apply MERIT 0.5G at the rate of 560 g/100 m2.
• Apply MERIT SOLUPAK at the rate of 1 packet per 1206 m2.
• Water sufficiently (5-10mm of water) following the application to move the active ingredient through the thatch.
Grub Control Tips:
• Remove excessive thatch and irrigate 24 hours before treatment if soil is dry, and to bring grubs closer to the surface.
• Irrigate following application to ensure movement of insecticide into the root zone.
Dec8FriDecember 8, 2017
Bayer is pleased to announce that it is expanding its distribution agreement with Plant Products
Jun26MonJune 26, 2017
May15MonMay 15, 2017
Apr10MonApril 10, 2017