The Japanese Beetle is a highly destructive pest during both its larval and adult stages. They overwinter in the soil as grubs, and feed on turf grass root systems during the fall and spring.
Adult beetles skeletonize plant foliage by consuming leaf tissue between the veins. They are most active during the day and prefer to feed in areas exposed to direct sunlight.
In addition to direct damage caused by the adults and larvae, damage to turf also occurs when moles, raccoons and skunks dig for subsurface grubs as a food source. Birds are a natural predator also.
• Leaves are skeletonized by shiny, metallicgreen beetles with tiny tufts of hair along each side of the abdomen.
Apply MERIT 0.5G or SOLUPAK just prior to egg hatch.
• Apply MERIT 0.5G at the rate of 560 g/100 m2.
• Apply MERIT SOLUPAK at the rate of 1 packet per 1,206 m2.
• Water sufficiently (5-10mm of water) following the application to move the active ingredient through the thatch.
Apply SEVIN T&O for curative control of larval stage.
• Apply SEVIN T&O at the rate of 210 to 290 ml per 100m2 of turf.
• Irrigate following application to ensure movement of SEVIN T&O insecticide into the root zone.
• To optimize curative control apply SEVIN T&O to the early instar stage of the grub. For control of adult beetles, apply SEVIN T&O solution to trees, ornamentals, woody plants and shrubs in the early morning or evening at 7 to 14 days spray intervals.
• In solution for adult beetles apply 12 - 18.25 mL in 5 L water.
May15MonMay 15, 2017
Apr10MonApril 10, 2017
Feb9ThuFebruary 9, 2017
Nov1TueNovember 1, 2016